The Town of Lewisville was platted on December 25th, 1829 and was named after Lewis C. Freeman one of the Town’s founders. The first brick building in Lewisville was the Houston Brick Building and it is also the oldest brick building on the US 40 National Road. The US 40 National Road has brought many people to the town and continues to do so today. Lewisville is also home to the historic Guyer Opera House which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Opera house continues to put on performances and is one of the main attractions of the Town of Lewisville as well as an antique store located next door to the Opera House. The buildings in Lewisville along the US 40 National Road still have their historic facades and give a glimpse into what the town looked like when it was first settled.